Start a new topic

Stroke Index on Smartwatch

I would like to see the stroke index of the hole I'm playing appear on my smartwatch screen.  At the moment we have the number of putts as a sub-script of the total score and the par as a super-script of the hole number.  In my opinion, the number of putts taken is fairly irrelevant as, almost as soon as the details are entered, you're on to the next hole so I would suggest that this is where the SI could go.  If it is felt by other members that they wish to retain this feature, could it be a sub-script of the hole number? 

pebble.jpg
(256 KB)

I'm in the other camp. I like seeing the number of putts on the watch. Makes me more confident that everything has been recorded as I proceed through the hole (without having to think back about how many strokes it took to get on the green).

Have just noticed that penalties appear as a superscript of the score and, as it would be preferable if my suggestion didn't upset other users :), can I make a bid for the SI to be added as a subscription of the hole? To me, it seems strange that the app virtually eliminates the need to carry a card around except in this one important area.
Still no reply from GolfPad on this subject. If the Stroke Index was a subscript of the hole then I think this app would be just about perfect. Nothing else is posted to that position so it shouldn't affect anything else.

Hi Nic, Even though you don't use a card for scoring, it is important to carry one so that you may be aware of the Local Rules that are in place on the course you are playing. There is only so much information that can be crammed onto a smart watch face without wearing something amounting to the size of a diver's watch. :)

After all the idea of the app is to record shots, club taken and distance hit by each club to build up stats.

It would appear you are on your own with this one.

Hi, Peter. Yes, you're right of course but there are some things that it would be nice to have at a glance. The area I'm talking of isn't being used for anything else and, if one can show the par for each hole, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for the SI to be shown as well.
Hi, Peter. Yes, you're right of course but there are some things that it would be nice to have at a glance. The area I'm talking of isn't being used for anything else and, if one can show the par for each hole, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for the SI to be shown as well.

Hi Nic, I suppose it depends on the watch you're using. I have Android types; Sony Smartwatch 3, Asus Zen and the one I like best, the Magellan which unfortunately isn't supported anymore.

Plus my eyesight is setup for distance. I normally wear Varifocal lenses but when playing golf I have contact lenses. I can make out the distance digits ok but some of the smaller digits require a bit of squinting. :)

Hope the weather is kind for you where you are living and playing. A bit cold and wet here at present in the UK.

Hi Peter I have a couple of Pebble watches which, thankfully, are still supported (for now at least). Like you, my eyes aren't what they used to be but, with the back light on the Pebble, I can just make out the smaller digits! I'm playing tomorrow down here in Kent where we've been enjoying some lovely weather these last few days. Long may it last!

We're not too far away; I'm in Dorset near Bournemouth. Amen to that.

Login or Signup to post a comment