There are some users whom are having trouble with Android secure screen lock and Golf Pad TAGS. Try these steps to allow Golf Pad TAGS to work with a secure screen lock:
- Disable 'Lock instantly' with power key (settings may have different names based on the phone model used)
- Set Lock automatically (after screen turned off) to 1 sec or more
- Some security apps can force a secure screen lock to appear despite the settings above. Generally, a sign of this problem is the user will see a secure screen lock appear after unlocking Golf Pad's SmartLock screen. Consider disabling security app during a golf round.
Android 8 (Oreo) and later
Some phones running Android 8 don't block access to notifications bar or navigation bar, even when SmartLock is active. This may result in app switching, accidental inputs and/or tags not always scanning properly. We will be updating Golf Pad to resolve the problem. In the meantime you can use Screen Pinning feature to work around the issue:
- Follow the instructions on this page to enable screen pinning in Android system settings, then pin Golf Pad when you start the round.
- Use SmartLock as usual during the round. Be sure to press the power button before putting the phone in your pocket, and swipe up from the bottom along the middle of the screen (or use fingerprint reader) to resume Golf Pad scorecard.
- Once you finish the round or if you need to switch to another app, unpin Golf Pad (usually by pressing and holding the Back and Overview buttons at the same time).
Please note that Golf Pad TAGS, and therefore SmartLock will only work on a mapped course, neither will function if you are playing an Uncharted course.