First, reboot your device. If scanning is still not working, follow the troubleshooting steps:
1) Verify NFC is enabled in Android settings: go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > More, tap on the NFC switch to activate it.
2) Go to Golf Pad preferences > Golf Pad LINK/TAGS and enable Golf Pad LINK/TAGS;
3) Select "Scan TAGS with your phone";
4) If you see "Settings must be updated", tap "Fix this" button;
5) Edit settings/Pin Golf Pad here;
6) If all settings are correct, you'll see the following screen:
7) Go back and scan a tag to assign a club. Note, the location of the NFC antenna varies on different phone models. Please try scanning all around the back of the phone and against the top edge. Once you found the spot with the best scanning range, use it for tagging shots during a golf round.
8) If you see an error message of "invalid tag", please tap "contact support" when the dialog message appears and follow the steps. This will send us the information we need to activate your tag.
9) Assign TAGS to clubs;
10) Start a new round and scan a TAG – a shot will be added to the scorecard;
11) If you want to put your phone in the pocket, turn on the smart lock mode to prevent accidental touches and extend battery life: press the power button or long tap the tag icon in the top right corner;
12) Scan a TAG to the spot with the best scanning range – a shot will be added.
1) Go to Golf Pad preferences > Golf Pad LINK/TAGS and enable Golf Pad LINK/TAGS;
2) Select "Scan TAGS with your phone";
3) Tap "Assign club for a tag";
4) Scan a TAG to the top right edge of iPhone. This is where the NFC antenna is located;
5) Assign all TAGS to clubs;
6) Start a new round and start the smart lock by swiping up with two fingers;
7) Scan a TAG – a shot will be added to the scorecard.
If you are still unable to scan tags, please open a ticket and we'll work with you to get the issue resolved.