Club selection on watch

Posted over 3 years ago by Chris williams

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
C
Chris williams

I see this had been requested many times going back 5 years. I have very much enjoyed using the 14 trial version of this app and I would love to purchase. But can't see the point if I have to take phone out to enter club used. Unless someone can correct me and I'm wrong. As this request has never been implemented over the years I see know hope of it ever being added to watch function. Therefore after I have uninstalled this app from phone and watch I will never look back to see if it ever will. Thanks for trail.

1 Votes

27 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

Sylvain - as stated previously in this thread, this is a feature we are working on adding in the next couple of weeks. Please keep an eye out for the latest update so you have access as soon as it's available. 

1 Votes

S

Sylvain Petit posted over 2 years ago

Hi, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and the club selection feature is not present? Do you plan to make this feature available soon. Samsung as returned to Wear OS with their latest watch.

Thanks

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Richard and Stuart - 

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for being a long time supporter of Golf Pad. We appreciate it. Club selection on WEAR is a feature we are actively working on and should be available before the end of the year. I'm sure you know, there are many variables in business planning that impact features and timing. We're a small team who works hard to deliver the best value to our users while maintaining a stable app, keeping ahead of manufacturer OS updates and providing new features that benefit the greatest number of users. 

Did you see our recent social media announcement about WEAR OS 3 - Golf Pad is compatible with the new OS. We value our WEAR users. We hear you. The new club selection feature will be here before long! Like and follow on FB, Twitter, TikTok, etc. to be the first to know when the feature is launched.

Regarding PLAYS LIKE data, this is suppressed when you enable "regulation mode' which is designed for tournament use. 

Keep the feedback coming! 

0 Votes

S

Stuart rollo posted over 2 years ago

This was a great app its a shame that wear os user are a second thought, I've canceled my subscription but I would definitely buy this again when club selection feature is available

0 Votes

R

Richard Shaw posted over 2 years ago

I continue to be amazed by the lack of club selection on wear os watches, lots of people have been asking for this for a long, long time now and it is regularly promised but never arrives. Now we have a feature added, Plays Like, which is not allowed to be used in any competition and I suspect, but don't know, had not been requested more than watch club selection. I have supported GolfPad through the disastrous Link project, which was fantastic whilst the Link device actually worked, but this was ditched, rendering my Tags useless, so the obvious replacement was Watch Club Selection. But still we wait, unless you have s Samsung Watch which are losing market share by the day. I fear that I will not be using Golf Pad for much longer, which will be a great shame. Please get this sorted.

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Beat - we added PLAYS LIKE distances. In addition, the new Wear OS is compatible with the new Wear OS 3 coming out soon. We will be adding Standalone features before long. Thanks for asking!  

0 Votes

Beat

Beat posted over 2 years ago

I just got the update on my Wear OS watch (New Version 14 August 2021) and expected some improvements compared to the old version. However the app is just identical to the old version with all the limitations and missing features. What is the purpose of the update? 

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Dave - thank you for asking. I checked with our development team. They are juggling several priorities, however, advise we still anticipate the Wear feature being updated before the end of the year. We do appreciate everyone's patience. Keep the feedback coming!  - Cindy

0 Votes

D

Dave Sferra posted over 2 years ago

Its now mid 2021 and the android wear feature of club tracking is still not here. any new eta for this addition?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 3 years ago Admin

@Beat - Thanks for joining us and for your question. We do still support Wear OS and plan several major  updates this year.  For example, PLAYS LIKE club recommendations should be rolled out for Wear OS in the next several weeks. Timelines are always subject to change, however that's our plan at the moment. Keep the questions coming! - Cindy

1 Votes

S

Stuart rollo posted almost 3 years ago

I know mine definitely takes the GPS from my watch as I left my phone in my bag. a few shots didn't register using my watch due to being to far away from my phone/bag, said no gps found

0 Votes

Beat

Beat posted almost 3 years ago

Hi Stuart, I cannot tell you as I only played 9 holes to test the app. I have seen the same issues with other apps, I need always on screen, otherwise it takes long and the GPS is not accurate. But I am not sure whether it takes the GPS from the phone or watch?

0 Votes

S

Stuart rollo posted almost 3 years ago

@beat what's the battery life like with the ticwatch pro 3 when using this app? I use the ticwatch Pro and after 9 holes I have 40% battery life left & I need the always on screen otherwise I lose GPS connection and it takes ages to find my location

0 Votes

Beat

Beat posted almost 3 years ago

I am currently using the free trial to test the Android app with my TicWatch Pro 3 running Wear OS. I checked the version of your app on my watch and it is version 4 updated Nov 5, 2018 ! 
Unbelievable, is there something wrong or was there no update on the Wear OS app since nearly 3 years ? Are you still supporting Wear OS? Thanks for a feedback.  

0 Votes

S

Simon Chinnick posted almost 3 years ago

I'd like to add another up-vote for club tracking on OS Wear. As an ex-developer, I know that the product owner is under pressure to include every feature under the sun, but this seems like a significant omission.

I've just got a 14day free trial to check out the watch integration, and am liking the app and watch i/f so far, but club tracking from the watch would be soooo much better.

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 3 years ago Admin

Hello Richard and Stuart - we hear you! We are juggling multiple updates. We haven't forgotten about Wear OS customers! We are planning an update this year. - Cindy

0 Votes

S

Stuart rollo posted about 3 years ago

Adam Jenkins my watch tracking seems fine but my phone is always in my pocket, I'm playing tomorrow morning so I'll try it with my phone in my bag and see if it's still as accurate. Richard Shaws is golfpad still the main golf app for Samsung since Samsung now have a golf edition active 2 that uses smart caddie ? Wear os kinda reminds me of Windows phones, developers seem to forget about it and don't give them the full attention they deserve

0 Votes

R

Richard Shaw posted about 3 years ago

Agree entirely with this, you can select Standalone but only if you have a Samsung Watch! 6 months ago Cindy said they were hoping to have it early 2021, well here we are easily 2021. I think GolfPad really need to move away from their almost-exclusive work with Samsung and step up to the plate with Wear, I understand that a couple of years ago they were the preeminent watch supplier but times have changed and Tizen is, imo, a dying OS.

1 Votes

A

Adam Jenkins posted about 3 years ago

Same here. Bit disappointed at some of the great features that are missing on Wear. Been searching for news, but a vague "this year maybe" is all I can find. I only chose premium to get the smartwatch features, but my phone is still needed at every hole. Also, is there a setting I have/haven't ticked so I can take gps location from my watch, instead of phone? I attach my phone to my trolley for safety/security/comfort and ease of use, but this makes all putts track from the edge of the green. If I put it in my pocket for better tracking, I have to keep taking my phone out, which kind of eliminates the need for the watch!

0 Votes

S

Stuart rollo posted about 3 years ago

Has there been any further development on wear os getting the standalone and club selection function?? I dont understand why samsung and apple watches have this feature yet wear os doesn't??

1 Votes

R

Thanks Cindy, it would be helpful to get an estimated date when this might be implemented so I can decide whether wait or look elsewhere. :-(

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 3 years ago Admin

Hi Richard - thanks for your comment. I'll be sure the team receives your suggestion for consideration. - Cindy

0 Votes

R

I have also ditched expensive Samsung and bought a Ticwatch Pro 3 and would really like the club entry on watch and standalone please! ASAP please.

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 3 years ago Admin

Thanks for asking, Bo. We do have this on our road-map. It may be available early 2021, though we can't say for sure. - Cindy

2 Votes

B

Bo Mellberg posted over 3 years ago

How far are we from having this feature on Wear OS watches? I recently purchased a Ticwatch Pro 3, and my guess is that Wear OS will explode in users within six-twelve months.

1 Votes