Scoring: Pick up to add automatically net double bogey strokes

Posted about 4 years ago by Rui

Post a topic
R
Rui

Currently, choosing PICKUP options adds 0 stroke to the hole score. In my opinion it should add net double bogey (with 2 putts), for statistical coherence.

2 Votes

7 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 11 months ago Admin

@Cuan -  we consider these holes as net double bogey in case of player already has handicap index and par + 5 for player submitting their first scores to obtain an initial Handicap Index. I hope this helps!

0 Votes

B

Billy Craft posted 11 months ago

Agreed.  And supposedly, they were going to add this LAST year...currently, I just add "shot" "shot" "shot" "shot" manually until I get to my max score for the hole.  I LOVE the app, but it is really weird to skip something that seems so basic to the scoring routine.

I'd also like it to ONLY give you a MAXIMUM / NET score for those holes you blow up on, while tracking your true shots for future review...

0 Votes

C

Cuan posted 11 months ago

How are holes with pick-up used in handicap calculations? Without this feature pick-up seems pretty pointless?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 1 year ago Admin

Thanks for your question and patience in the timing of my reply. This is currently in development. I'm asking for an ETA for you and will post as soon as I hear from our development team. - Cindy

update: the team informs me that many features are actively being worked on before this one, but we hope to have it complete this year. 

0 Votes

B

Billy Craft posted almost 2 years ago

Adding pickup calculations seems like a fairly easy thing to do. I think it should calculate your max score for a hole based on you course handicap and the hole handicap instead of just adding bogey +2 (or give you a choice in settings). I love the app but have been using it for a year now and I'm not seeing these types of obvious needs being met. And this was posted way before I started.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 4 years ago Admin

Hello Rui and Holger - thanks for your suggestions. We'll be sure the development team gets them for consideration. Keep the feedback coming! We're here to make the app as perfect as possible for our users! - Cindy

0 Votes

H

Holger Kappes posted about 4 years ago

In addition there should be a pickup option when using score input at the watch (Tizen OS)

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment