Start a new topic

Abiliry to post score to GHIN.

I prefer this app over golfshot, which are the 2 that I have used frequently. I now use golfpad exclusively. The only option that I miss is being able to submit score to GHIN for handicap. Would be nice to have an option to submit the score to your GHIN when submitting / saving a round instead of having to have the GHIN app installed as well. Thanks, Jared

5 people like this idea

So a small request then regarding handicap as Golf Pad's calculation seems to be pretty accurate...

Can we have the Golf Pad calculated handicap displayed more prominently in the app?  

The dashboard on your website (dashboard.golfpadgps.com/dashboard) clearly displays the calculated index.  

Something similar would be nice to have in the app, right at the top of either the Playing History or Statics screens.

James, this makes sense. We plan a refresh for profile screen, will make handicap index more prominent with that.

Excellent, thank you!

Back on the WHS ... if and when that goes live, will the app use the new format? Or, is this expected to be something that won't be "official" unless we pay extra for it (like the USGA and the GHIN)?

Randy, Golf Pad will compute WHS handicap index based on your playing history, just like it does with USGA, CONGU or EGA handicaps. It's unclear yet if we'll be able to maintain your official handicap card or automatically post scores to your official handicap provider. As more details become available, we'll post them on our blog: https://golfpadgps.com/news.

2 years later, are there any updates on if GHIN posting will ever be supported? Both TheGrint, and GolfShot both support this and GHIN has released their own app as well, so there is clearly an API for this... So, should we expect a change or is this another 2 years out? Har Har.

We are in what I would call the final review stages by the USGA.  We've performed actions requested by the USGA and are awaiting word from them. We appreciate your interest and patience.  It's a feature we've been working with USGA to get approved for quite a while now. We are as eager to release it as you are to use it!

Any progress on this feature? If you are only in discussion with USGA does this mean the feature would not be available in the UK or outside the US?

There are no new updates from the USGA at this time.  We are eagerly awaiting their next step. We are also working on having the feature available in the UK. 

Is there any update on this? It's been years now. My home course app let's me do this but I can't get the detailed data that I do with your app. Their app just has a link that takes me to GHIN's website to post my round. It remembers my login and I just have to fill in the tees and round type.

Hi Doug, Thank you for the follow-up on this topic. 

Our Golf Pad team has supplied the USGA with everything they have requested. The USGA has shared that they are very close to granting access.  

We understand that Golf Pad users are very excited for the convenience of this feature, and we have been doing everything in our power to make this happen.  It is our hope that we will be able to move forward in a matter of weeks to a few months. However, please understand it is difficult for Golf Pad to provide a specific timeline as the USGA provides final approval.   

Is there anything we as members can do to help move this along?  Maybe we, as a group, can inquire to the USGA as to the reason this hasn't been approved?  I am sure there are enough subscribers to warrant a little bit of a larger voice.

Login or Signup to post a comment