Abiliry to post score to GHIN.

Posted over 8 years ago by jared caliendo

Post a topic
j
jared caliendo

I prefer this app over golfshot, which are the 2 that I have used frequently. I now use golfpad exclusively. The only option that I miss is being able to submit score to GHIN for handicap. Would be nice to have an option to submit the score to your GHIN when submitting / saving a round instead of having to have the GHIN app installed as well. Thanks, Jared

7 Votes

32 Comments

Sorted by
D

Deryk King posted 8 months ago

Any new progress here?

0 Votes

F

Forrest Cockcroft posted 9 months ago

Any update?

1 Votes

R

Raymond posted about 1 year ago

Thanks for the update on this. Being able to post to GHIN will be a huge value add. It is absolutely crazy that the USGA is dragging their heels on this. If they want average golfers to join regional golf associations, then they need to get with the times and provide people with an actual reason to have a membership. The fact that I have to download some silly app from golf canada just to post a score is ridiculous. I spend more time copying and pasting my scores between garmin, golfpad, golf canada app, and a paper scorecard than I do actual golfing.... :( We are all looking forward to this feature!

0 Votes

R

Robert Hobbs posted about 1 year ago

Has there been any progress with this in the last few months? I am keen to know if this is going to be available in the UK as well as the US.

0 Votes

F

Forrest Cockcroft posted over 1 year ago

Thank you for the detailed reply. Good to hear that things are moving along. Please keep us posted as you reach additional milestones.

0 Votes

J

Jonathan Andersen posted over 1 year ago Admin

Hi Forrest,

I know that many of you would like to know will this happen? When? Why is the process taking so long? While we understand your excitement and enthusiasm, please keep in mind that this is a request from Golf Pad to the USGA. Golf Pad does not get to dictate or question the USGA's process, timeline, agreements, etc.  What we have been doing is everything in our power to keep this process moving forward.  We will continue to expeditiously provide everything the USGA asks of us, and hope to complete this process very soon.

Believe it or not we are even closer today than we were at last post. Without being able to provide an exact date of availability, I can tell you that we are moving down the path towards making this request a reality. When Golf Pad has confirmation or a specific timeline, I will provide it here.  Until then, please trust that we are doing everything in our power to complete this process and provide the feature that so many of you would like to see.

0 Votes

F

Forrest Cockcroft posted over 1 year ago

Is there anything we as members can do to help move this along?  Maybe we, as a group, can inquire to the USGA as to the reason this hasn't been approved?  I am sure there are enough subscribers to warrant a little bit of a larger voice.

0 Votes

J

Jonathan Andersen posted over 1 year ago Admin

Hi Doug, Thank you for the follow-up on this topic. 

Our Golf Pad team has supplied the USGA with everything they have requested. The USGA has shared that they are very close to granting access.  

We understand that Golf Pad users are very excited for the convenience of this feature, and we have been doing everything in our power to make this happen.  It is our hope that we will be able to move forward in a matter of weeks to a few months. However, please understand it is difficult for Golf Pad to provide a specific timeline as the USGA provides final approval.   

0 Votes

D

Doug Noel posted over 1 year ago

Is there any update on this? It's been years now. My home course app let's me do this but I can't get the detailed data that I do with your app. Their app just has a link that takes me to GHIN's website to post my round. It remembers my login and I just have to fill in the tees and round type.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 2 years ago Admin

There are no new updates from the USGA at this time.  We are eagerly awaiting their next step. We are also working on having the feature available in the UK. 

0 Votes

R

Robert Hobbs posted about 2 years ago

Any progress on this feature? If you are only in discussion with USGA does this mean the feature would not be available in the UK or outside the US?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

We are in what I would call the final review stages by the USGA.  We've performed actions requested by the USGA and are awaiting word from them. We appreciate your interest and patience.  It's a feature we've been working with USGA to get approved for quite a while now. We are as eager to release it as you are to use it!

0 Votes

R

Raymond posted over 2 years ago

2 years later, are there any updates on if GHIN posting will ever be supported? Both TheGrint, and GolfShot both support this and GHIN has released their own app as well, so there is clearly an API for this... So, should we expect a change or is this another 2 years out? Har Har.

0 Votes

Konstantin

Konstantin posted over 4 years ago Admin

Randy, Golf Pad will compute WHS handicap index based on your playing history, just like it does with USGA, CONGU or EGA handicaps. It's unclear yet if we'll be able to maintain your official handicap card or automatically post scores to your official handicap provider. As more details become available, we'll post them on our blog: https://golfpadgps.com/news.

0 Votes

R

Randy Lundstedt posted over 4 years ago

Back on the WHS ... if and when that goes live, will the app use the new format? Or, is this expected to be something that won't be "official" unless we pay extra for it (like the USGA and the GHIN)?

0 Votes

J

Jameswhite posted over 4 years ago

Excellent, thank you!

0 Votes

Konstantin

James, this makes sense. We plan a refresh for profile screen, will make handicap index more prominent with that.

0 Votes

J

So a small request then regarding handicap as Golf Pad's calculation seems to be pretty accurate...

Can we have the Golf Pad calculated handicap displayed more prominently in the app?  

The dashboard on your website (dashboard.golfpadgps.com/dashboard) clearly displays the calculated index.  

Something similar would be nice to have in the app, right at the top of either the Playing History or Statics screens.

0 Votes

Konstantin

Jared thank you for your feedback. USGA's terms of service do not permit accessing their website programmatically on golfer's behalf. So we can't just make the app go to the website and post the scores for you. Instead the process requires negotiating with Regional Associations and posting scores through them. At least this was the case last time we talked to USGA officials. It's unclear if the process will change once the World Handicap System goes live. 

We've been planning to implement that for a long time, however as a small team we have to focus on features with the biggest impact. GHIN posting just never made it to the top of the list. I apologize about the delay and we'll keep everyone posted as we have any news. 

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 4 years ago Admin

Hi Jared. Thanks for sharing your candid feelings. I'll be sure the team receives your feedback. 

0 Votes

j

jared caliendo posted over 4 years ago

I started this thread over 4 years ago. I am a mobile developer specializing in Android and iOS. All I have heard for 4 years is different excuses of why not. World handicap has abosultely NOTHING to do with submitting a score to GHIN. It's a poor excuse in regards to your developers lazy. There are no calculations or algorithms needed. A simple text input and a send button. (Technically a text input would not be needed if it was using your final score from the round). Maybe it's time to start "implementing" instead of making excuses. My $.02.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Bland McCartha - the world handicap system requires a large investment of resources on our part. We prioritize our efforts for the features with the highest demand and to ensure the app stays current and relevant for our users. I hope this information helps. 

0 Votes

B

Bland McCartha posted over 4 years ago

Why would the change in the handicap system make any difference. We are not asking for the app to calculate the handicap, but just to send the round score and course info to the handicap authority.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hello again Jameswhite. There are several variables at play, not the least of which is the switch to World Handicap System coming next year. This prevents me from being able to provide a target date, but as I said, we have it on our road map. 

0 Votes

J

An estimated target date would be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment