Is there a way to track an individual shot, but not have it count towards the distance for that club?

Posted about 2 months ago by Bruce G

Post a topic
Answered
B
Bruce G

It usually happens at least once a round where i need to take a 5 iron for example and punch out back to the fairway.  But now it tracks that as a distance for the club, so it affects the overall average distance.

Is there some way to track individual shots but remove them from the distance average?  Not a big deal, just curious and couldn't seem to find anything.

Thank you.

0 Votes

Ted Gamble

Ted Gamble posted about 2 months ago Best Answer

There are 2 ways to solve this.

1. In your tracked shots history, there is a list of all shots made with each club. Beside each shot, is a toggle to either include or exclude that shot from the distance averaging. Simple toggle this particular shot off and it won't be included.

2. The other way is to create a "dummy club" in your Golf Pad bag. I named mine "Punch outs". Then select that club when you do a punch out. That way, you can select whichever "real" club you want to use for the punch out, as long as you select the "dummy" club in Golf Pad. (NOTE: This solution doesn't work if you're using Golf Pad Tags. If you are, you'll have to use option 1 above,)

1 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
B

Bruce G posted about 2 months ago

Thanks.  Didn't realize you could do step 1.

0 Votes

Ted Gamble

Ted Gamble posted about 2 months ago Answer

There are 2 ways to solve this.

1. In your tracked shots history, there is a list of all shots made with each club. Beside each shot, is a toggle to either include or exclude that shot from the distance averaging. Simple toggle this particular shot off and it won't be included.

2. The other way is to create a "dummy club" in your Golf Pad bag. I named mine "Punch outs". Then select that club when you do a punch out. That way, you can select whichever "real" club you want to use for the punch out, as long as you select the "dummy" club in Golf Pad. (NOTE: This solution doesn't work if you're using Golf Pad Tags. If you are, you'll have to use option 1 above,)

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment