New iPhone Compatible TAGS - Feedback Wanted!

A few weeks ago we announced our NEW Golf Pad TAGS. Any Golf Pad TAGS purchased after November 1, 2018 are now compatible with iPhone 7 / iOS 12 or later as well as Android. iPhone users rejoice!

Tracking your shots automatically means you can focus on your game and keep your phone in your pocket. Hundreds of you have already purchased your new set. 

We focus on user feedback to continue to deliver the best experience and features. We want to hear from you! 

1. Are you an Android or iPhone user? 
2. What were your thoughts about the set up process of the new tags? 
3. Have you had time to use them on the course? What did you like most about using them? 

Any other thoughts you'd like to share with the team?

Ready, set, GO...

Regarding the screen unlocking, I think I know what is happening. If you got the cancel button on the scan prompt during smart lock, it exposes the bottom bar.. Due to movement, I'm guessing both the cancel button is pressed by my leg, and the bottom bar is being pulled; this unlocking the phone. Would it be possible to replace the cancel button with a gesture instead?

Hi Chris - thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear your battery issue is improved. Regarding the issue when editing the scorecard and the random "unlock" of the smart lock, will you kindly submit a support ticket. We'll look into why this is happening and get it resolved. 

Remember the NFC reader is located at the top of the iPhone. That should help you position the tag in the right area to get a reliable scan. 

Frank - what case are you using? Can you provide me a link? I played another round last night, and continued to have the same issues with the screen unlocking in my pocket while on Smart Lock

I use a tech21 (EVO Wallet) make of cover. It covers the whole phone as a protection. But in golfing terms it stops you touching the screen in your pocket and activating music !

HI Brett - please send a support ticket so we can look into this issue of the Smart Lock allowing other inputs while you are playing. We can help figure out if it's a local issue with your phone or something else. Thanks! 

Hi Cindy. I already did, but was told there was nothing that could be done :(

HI Brett - thanks for letting me know. I found the correspondence. For other's reference, I'll include the reply here:

"Unfortunately the NFC Scanning dialog and Cancel button are shown by iOS system, we don't have control over its appearance. Your idea regarding bottom bar being pulled accidentally makes sense. We'll make an adjustment to reduce the chance of it happening and will include it in the upcoming update. In the meantime please try flipping the phone screen when putting it in your pocket. Often times this makes a big difference."

Login or Signup to post a comment