Phone and Watch yardages disagree

Posted 10 months ago by Ian Mitchell

Post a topic
Un Answered
I
Ian Mitchell

Hi,

I am using the Golf Pad app on my Samsung Galaxy connected to my Samsung watch (4). Originally, everything worked fine, however, for a couple of weeks now I am finding that the yardages displayed on the phone and on the watch disagree (the phone being more believeable. I am working in connected mode, not standalone mode.

Is anyone experiencing similar? Does anyine have a solution?

Thanks,

Ian

1 Votes

12 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 8 months ago Admin

@Eddy May I've created a support ticket for you. Our support team will be in touch. For anyone having issues on this or other matters, for the fastest personal response, please contact our support team. https://support.golfpadgps.com/a/tickets/new We appreciate you and always look to resolve things as quickly as possible. - Cindy

0 Votes

E

Eddy May posted 8 months ago

No luck on my side (yet). I've got version 90 and played with it yesterday, but it is still slow and not in sync with my phone. Should I disable the location serivces on my watch?

0 Votes

I

Ian Mitchell posted 8 months ago

Hi all,

Possibly some good news. Stacy at Golf Pad Support got in touch with me and asked me to update the watch app to latest version (I think it came out today).

I now find that the watch finds location almost immediately (indicating that it is talking to the phone). Unfortunately I live about 8.9km from the first green (according to my phone) so the watch says >999m. 

Try updating and it would be great to hear how you get on. (Unfortunately, no golf on the cards for me for the next week or so).

Ian

0 Votes

E

I am using it both in standalone mode and connected with similar results, however I 've got the impression that in both situations it uses the watch GPS.

0 Votes

I

Hi Eddy

Are you using the watch on "connected" or "stand alone" mode?

Ian

0 Votes

E

Since version 89 (on the Watch) updates are being done a lot quicker, atlhough not as fast as I remember from previous version. Yardage still disagrees with what my phone shows, however sometime they are close. Difficult for the support team te resolve I am afraid, but I am still hopeful. 

0 Votes

I

Hi Brian 

Sorry to hear you have the same problem but, then again, glad it's not just me. As you said it was working fine for me for a while before it started going wrong. The Golf Pad Support team have been very good. They have been in touch with me and are working on it. Fingers crossed that they get to the bottom of it.

0 Votes

B

Brian Cherry posted 8 months ago

I've been having the same problem for the past 2 weeks. I've tried reinstalling the apps on both my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G phone and my Galaxy Watch 5 smartwatch. This does not solve the problem. Everything worked fine for over 1 year until the last several weeks. Any suggestions? Are you working on resolving this problem?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 9 months ago Admin

Ian - I've created a support ticket for you so our team can respond directly and ask any follow up questions necessary to resolve it. That direct line of communication is the fastest way to handle technical issues like this. - Cindy

0 Votes

I

Ian Mitchell posted 9 months ago

Hi. I have reinstalled the app on both phone and watch h but the problem still persists. I suspect that it's using the watch gps rather than the phone gps. 

I used another app today which didn't work very well until I foundn option to use phone gos rather than watch (which it had been doing). When I chose phone hps itthen worked fine. I don't want to change apps as I have already paid for subscription. 

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 9 months ago Admin

Thank you for letting us know. 

Ian - I've created a support ticket for you so our team can respond directly and ask any follow up questions necessary to resolve it. 

Eddy - please do open a support ticket if you are still experiencing the discrepency. It's the best way to resolve specific technical issues and inform the team of inconsistencies. 

We appreciate you both. 

0 Votes

E

Eddy May posted 10 months ago

Hi Ian, I have the same problem and on top of that since the last update (?) yardage does update slower then before and it iterates to a more or less accurate distance. I also see no difference on my watch (Galaxy watch 5) when in  connected or in standalone mode. Anybody knows how I can return to a previous version?

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment