Start a new topic

How feasible is it to move TAGs across to a new set of clubs

Has anyone transferred a set of TAGS to a new set of clubs, and if so how did you find the process? Any difficulties or tips you'd flag?

Asking as I just bought a set of TAGS but have yet to install them.

I'm probably going to buy a new set of clubs next season (so in the next 6-9 months) as I've increased my swing speed over the last year and my spin numbers are now too high.

I originally planned to install the TAGS on my current set for the rest of the season and then move them over if/when I buy new clubs. But I'm a little concerned it might be difficult to remove them once installed. 

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Hi John - thank you for chiming in with the additional feedback about assigning new clubs in the Golf Pad app. - Cindy

Hi David - it's a pretty easy process to remove tags from one club to another. The post is like a "screw" so-to-speak so it just twists into the opening in the club grip. Just reverse the process to remove it. We have a warranty of 1 year. In the unlikely event you experienced any breakage during the process, we would replace the tag. 

To reiterate, it's easy. Preferences (Gear icon top of the app screen) > Club Settings . You'll find what is in your bag. Select club you're replacing. Select Retire or Delete club. Add new club. Assign Tag. 

I find sometimes it doesn't "take" the first time. I think you need to remember to click the Check Mark, top left of the add screen. I mess it up by after assigning the tag, pressing the back key (Android).

I've 2 sets of clubs, both with tags. I use the Retire Club to move my sets in and out of the (app) bag. If you're never going to use those clubs again, select delete.

Login or Signup to post a comment