Golf Pad GPS not available in galaxy store for Active 2

Posted over 2 years ago by Jonas

Post a topic
Un Answered
J
Jonas

Hy everyone, can someone varify that Golf Pad GPS is available for Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Smartwatch? My phone has the latest samsung wearable app (2.2.39.21052561) and is connected with my watch via bluetooth. When I look for "Golf Pad" in the galaxy store I dont get any hits. Even with the direct link to the app from the guide I dont find the app and land on the starting page of the galaxy store. I also tried to connect the watch with a different smartphone but same issue.

1 Votes

28 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

Thanks everyone for confirming you are able to see the app now! 

0 Votes

J

Jörg Hirschmann posted over 2 years ago

Same here. Looks very much resolved for me, too.

0 Votes

I

Ian Noble posted over 2 years ago

Yep, looks like we're good to go now!

0 Votes

J

Jonas posted over 2 years ago

Tried one more time today and yes it worked for me also. Seems like the problem is fixed

0 Votes

D

Debbie Brunner posted over 2 years ago

I recently purchased a Samsung Actve2 Watch Golf edition and had no problem acquiring Golf pad app in Samsung wearable. I've used in standalone and it worked great. Love it.

0 Votes

J

@Cindy Should the Golf Pad app be visible in the Galaxy Store in combination with A Galaxy Watch 3? If so I would be more than happy to provide such a report. However, I would need info as to how to create the required report.

0 Votes

I

Thank you for the update @Cindy! Hopefully Samsung can get this resolved quickly. I have a Pixel 5, so I'm not able to help get you what you need. :(

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

We are aware of the issue. We've reached out to our contact at Samsung. They requested additional information and a report file from impacted devices. This process of sending the info to them only works on Samsung phones. If there’s a user with a Samsung phone who has this issue, please contact us via support@golfpadgps.com and we will work with you to get the information and deliver it to Samsung.

This will help them resolve it more quickly. We aren't trying to pass responsibility to Samsung, just stating the facts so we can get it resolved as quickly as possible. As I'm sure you understand, they control the content in the app stores, not Golf Pad. 

1 Votes

J

Hi there, I can confirm the workaround. As previously mentioned I had the app running on my Galaxy Watch in combination with my Galaxy S8 (wasn't an S9). I created a backup with Galaxy Wear including the Golf Pad app. I then connected the Galaxy Watch with my Pixel 2 and found the Gold Pad in the list being marked as not yet downloaded. After tapping the download icon it installed and is available on the watch. Btw Golf Pad app is also not listed in the Galaxy store when I connect my watch to a Pixel 5. One thing surprised me however. I looked for the Golf Pad on a Samsung Galaxy S20FE and couldn't find it in the Galaxy Store either. The S20FE was connected with a Galaxy Watch 3.

0 Votes

C

Chris posted over 2 years ago

They told me that if you can find it in my apps, you can install it, but that only works if you had previously installed it somewhere.

0 Votes

b

bskw@rogers.com posted over 2 years ago

0 Votes

I

What was the work around?

0 Votes

b

Golf Pad sent me a work sound for me Samsung Watch Active 1 that works. Good luck, Keith

0 Votes

J

Same issue here. A few days ago I used Golf Pad on my Galaxy Watch in combination with a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. With that phone the app is listed in the Galaxy store. Now I try to use the watch in combination with a Google Pixel 2 and can't get the app in the Galaxy store. I'm going to try it with a Pixel 5 and will get back to this thread...

0 Votes

J

I can imagine that the effort they put into fixing this issue with the tizen os is not very high because all new samsung watches get wear os so the development for tizen probably doesnt make sense anymore :(

0 Votes

C

It's ridiculous that no update has been provided.  I, like many here, bought this watch specifically because Golf Pad is supposed to be available for it. Their website still says it's available for the Active 2, which it clearly is not.  The problem is that the golf pad folks and the Samsung folks can just point fingers at each other.

0 Votes

J

As far as I know unfortunately not. They are still investigating together with samsung. Very frustrating in my point of view.

0 Votes

b

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/geardetail/TuMSE0JYiN I got that from Golfpad Support. It worked on my Samsung Watch Active, the first.

0 Votes

I

Man, I wish I saw this thread before going and buying an Active 2. There's no work around still??

0 Votes

C

Keith - if you had it previously installed on your watch, you may be able to find it under the "my apps" section of the store and redownload it from there.  For those of us that have never had it installed, this isn't an option.

0 Votes

J

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy watch 3 this week just to try it and same issue so it is not caused by active watch 2.

0 Votes

C

I have now since tried this on two iPhones, in addition to my pixel 3 with the same result.  I have Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch.  I'm wondering if Samsung is filtering it out for that model only? Is anyone having this issue with different models of watch?

As of now the makers of GolfPad should not be advertising compatibility/availability with this model, as it clearly isn't the case.

0 Votes

K

Keith Worrall posted over 2 years ago

Yes I have the same issue and have just asked Golf Pad support to resolve it.

0 Votes

K

Keith Worrall posted over 2 years ago

Months ago I launched Golf Pad on my Samsung Galaxy Active Watch from my phone.  Last week I loaded it onto an old Samsung Prime phone that I was going to use as a dedicated ' computer' for Golf Pad.  No problem except I discovered that that old phone had a faulty charging port.  So, back to my phone I thought.  However, I cannot find the Golf Pad App in the the WEAR Lifestyle section on the phone, yet it is still there on the Samsung phone.  Weird.

0 Votes

J

Well, I've already tried it with the android phone of my wife which is a different one to mine and it had the same problem so "some android devices" sounds also not very convincing to me

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment