Penalty / Flag (auto) Tag Assignment

Posted about 3 years ago by Todd Baker

Post a topic
Un Answered
T
Todd Baker

What does this option for tag assignment specifically do?  Does it make an assumption based on GPS location to determine flag or penalty?

0 Votes

10 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Colm - I've passed your suggestion to the team for consideration. 

0 Votes

C

Colm McDermott posted over 2 years ago

Thanks for the Tip of what to do with the extra tag Ty Rost, I was trying to figure how / where i could mount a spare tag to carry around and quickly mark the flag position without delaying at the hole location looking for a tag in my pocket and getting in the way of my playing partners.

@GolfPad Support team, I thought of the idea of a silicon wristband with a tag embedded which would work well for this situation, that way you could tap your wrist to the phone very quickly as you take the ball out of the hole.

0 Votes

K

Koo Jawoon posted over 2 years ago

Thank you!!!

0 Votes

T

Todd Baker posted over 2 years ago

I believe it needs the gps to know if on the green or not.  If on green, logs pin.  If not, logs penalty.

1 Votes

K

Koo Jawoon posted over 2 years ago

Hi Ty Rost

I'm a little confused.

I'll have to try it on the green. Does it work properly only when GPS works?

0 Votes

T

Todd Baker posted almost 3 years ago

Thank you!

0 Votes

T

Ty Rost posted almost 3 years ago

Hey Todd. It took me a while to figure this out too. Here is how I use it....

I have one Golf Pad Tag assigned to the Penalty/Flag (Auto) function. I glued that tag to my divot repair tool. If during my approach, I have to score a penalty, I scan that tag and Golf Pad knows I am not on the green and adds a penalty to my score. On the green, after I putt in, I stand near the flag and scan the tag. Golf Pad knows I am on the green and logs the pin location instead of a penalty. It works well. 

2 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 3 years ago Admin

Hi Todd - sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the (auto) setting will mark the flag if you are on the green, otherwise it'll add a penalty. I'll be sure we update our support info to make this more clear. Thanks for asking! - Cindy

0 Votes

T

Todd Baker posted about 3 years ago

I’m missing something. I’m sorry I haven’t figured it out. There’s Add Penalty, Set Flag, and Penalty/Flag (auto) for choices. What does Penalty/Flag (auto) do?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 3 years ago Admin

Thanks for asking Todd. Actually, you decide which custom action the tag will apply when it's used. Please read more here: https://support.golfpadgps.com/en/support/solutions/articles/6000194326-how-to-assign-a-custom-action-like-adding-penalty-or-marking-flag-for-tags- Let us know if you have follow up questions. - Cindy

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment