Start a new topic

Penalty / Flag (auto) Tag Assignment

What does this option for tag assignment specifically do?  Does it make an assumption based on GPS location to determine flag or penalty?

Thanks for asking Todd. Actually, you decide which custom action the tag will apply when it's used. Please read more here: https://support.golfpadgps.com/en/support/solutions/articles/6000194326-how-to-assign-a-custom-action-like-adding-penalty-or-marking-flag-for-tags- Let us know if you have follow up questions. - Cindy

I’m missing something. I’m sorry I haven’t figured it out. There’s Add Penalty, Set Flag, and Penalty/Flag (auto) for choices. What does Penalty/Flag (auto) do?

Hi Todd - sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the (auto) setting will mark the flag if you are on the green, otherwise it'll add a penalty. I'll be sure we update our support info to make this more clear. Thanks for asking! - Cindy

Hey Todd. It took me a while to figure this out too. Here is how I use it....

I have one Golf Pad Tag assigned to the Penalty/Flag (Auto) function. I glued that tag to my divot repair tool. If during my approach, I have to score a penalty, I scan that tag and Golf Pad knows I am not on the green and adds a penalty to my score. On the green, after I putt in, I stand near the flag and scan the tag. Golf Pad knows I am on the green and logs the pin location instead of a penalty. It works well. 

Thank you!
Login or Signup to post a comment