Calculation of club distances

Posted over 3 years ago by Kevin Graham

Post a topic
Un Answered
K
Kevin Graham

When calculating averages, are all shots used? If not, what are the cutoffs? For example, I hit a club twice during a round and both shots were recorded. However, no average was calculated. ( I mishit both shots). Also, for my pitching wedge, it looks like short shots are ignored in average distance? Thanks Kevin

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
R

Robert Greenfield posted over 3 years ago

Follow up question.    As a beginner, I see that my distances are steadily increasing the more I play.    Does the algorithm drop the older shots from the calculation and limit the calculation to say the last 30 or 60 days (last three rounds) or do I have to manually, toggle off the beginning rounds in the distance calculation?

Thank you in advance.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 3 years ago Admin

Hi Robert - great question.  Golf Pad gives more weight to recent club data, so there is no need to manually exclude older rounds. - Cindy 

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 3 years ago Admin

Hi Kevin Graham - thanks for asking about club averages and how they are calculated. Golf Pad has an algorithm to exclude abnormally short or long shots from club distance statistics. So that chips, bump-and-runs, recovery shots, mis-hits, etc. do not impact the statistics or club recommendations. You can also manually review and include or exclude shots from distance statistics. 

To exclude a specific shot from your stats:

• Tap Statistics on the home screen
  • Select Clubs
  • Chose the club you'd like to edit
  • Tap the History tab at the top of the screen

Next, you'll see a list of shots. Select the toggle switch to include or exclude a specific shot from your stats.

Does this help? If you have additional questions, just let us know. 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment