Smartwatch $$$ Workaround

Posted almost 4 years ago by BK Singleton

Post a topic
Un Answered
B
BK Singleton

Lately I've been feeling like taking my phone out each time to check distances/track shots was too time consuming. I wanted to try using a smartwatch but couldn't bring myself to drop $150-250 on a watch that most likely will only be used for golf. I'm a Invicta kinda guy anyway. So, I bought a GearFit2 on the resell market for about $45. Here's a my experience. Pros: • Setup was relatively easy. • Basic and straightforward. • Distances/Track each shot without taking out your phone each time. • Shows hole number, par for the hole, score for the hole. • Minimal investment Cons: • Played 9 and battery was at 59% at the end. But I think this was my fault as I had the watch gps on the whole time. I should've been using the phones gps only. • Gear Fit2 does not allow for selecting club hit for tracking club distance stats. • Gear Fit2 doesn't work on the Golf Pad standalone version Must have phone in bluetooth range. • Does not show cumulative score. • Screen is somewhat small. All in all, for 45 bucks I will say it was worth it. Check out the Samsung page for other phones that might be available on the resell market. I included some screen shots to give you some idea of what to expect. Hope this helps someone.

0 Votes

1 Comments

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 4 years ago Admin

Hi BK Singleton - thank you so much for taking time to share your experience. Getting a less expensive smartwatch to use with Golf Pad is a brilliant idea, especially for golfers who don't plan to use the watch for other things. The Pebble used to fill this role, but since it's discontinued, we have to find other options. Again, thanks for sharing. I'm sure others will find this post helpful. I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our development team, too! - Cindy

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment