data I want

Posted over 4 years ago by bob mackey

Post a topic
Un Answered
b
bob mackey

For me, the most important data is how close to the hole is my approach shot and how far was that shot with what club. With this data, when I go to the range I know what to practice.

I have struggled with various ways to get this data without much success. Suggested methods are too cumbersome requiring to many clicks.

Recently I have tried something different:

My first shot that lands on the green, I click Mark shot instead of first putt. Then, at the flag I mark first putt. That gives me the distance to the hole (+/- a yard). Now, when the hole is over I set the club for the last shot to putter and add how many additional putts (hopefully only 1 ;-)

For example, with this method the shot list screen shows I hit my 9 iron 45 yards and 13 feet from the pin. Useful data (for me) and it only took 2 clicks while on the green.

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 4 years ago Admin

Hi Bob - thanks for sharing your tip. I'll be sure the team receives your input to see if we can improve this data point in the future.

0 Votes

S

Spencer Braun posted over 4 years ago

Wow.   Bob - that's actually pretty clever.

For smartwatch UI, could log 'first putt' with first click, then one click for 'set pin' while retrieving ball, which could then trigger a 'Total putts taken?' and rotate the bezel to set the #. 

0 Votes

Konstantin

Konstantin posted over 4 years ago Admin

Bob and Spencer, this is great feedback, thank you very much! We are planning a major update for smartwatch UI to provide more information and make tracking easier. What you described makes a lot of sense and we'll look into making it part of the update. 

0 Votes

J

John Broadis posted over 4 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you right but this is what I do when I get on the green: I take the time to walk to the hole, I click "MARK FLAG", it opens another screen, click current location. I then either remove the pin (if all agree) then walk the line back to my ball, getting a good read on the green. The app then shows, distance to the pin and the distance of the last shot. I scan my putter or TRACK PUTT.

0 Votes

l

luke Venn posted about 2 years ago

Any update on this Cindy?

For longer shots green front/centre/back is fine, but for approach shot stats & putting shot stats, proximity to the pin position is critical e.g. did my first pitch/putt finish 2 feet or 10 feet from the hole ('shots gained')?

It would also be good to not have to mark the pin position every round ongoing! Could it not remain the same (already marked), unless we note the pin position has changed somehow?

Thanks & hope you're having a great weekend!

Luke

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 2 years ago Admin

Hi Luke - Thanks for checking in on this. It's been a whirlwind of changes around here lately! We have 'saving the pin position' on our list of future features, however, we don't have a specific timeline right now. We are actively working on several high demand features, such as automatic distance to hazards and just wrapped up some pretty big feature updates for watches and free tournament management software. We know this is a favored feature and will prioritize it as soon as we're able. I've notified our team of your comment as well. - Cindy

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment