Start a new topic

data I want

For me, the most important data is how close to the hole is my approach shot and how far was that shot with what club. With this data, when I go to the range I know what to practice.

I have struggled with various ways to get this data without much success. Suggested methods are too cumbersome requiring to many clicks.

Recently I have tried something different:

My first shot that lands on the green, I click Mark shot instead of first putt. Then, at the flag I mark first putt. That gives me the distance to the hole (+/- a yard). Now, when the hole is over I set the club for the last shot to putter and add how many additional putts (hopefully only 1 ;-)

For example, with this method the shot list screen shows I hit my 9 iron 45 yards and 13 feet from the pin. Useful data (for me) and it only took 2 clicks while on the green.

Hi Bob - thanks for sharing your tip. I'll be sure the team receives your input to see if we can improve this data point in the future.

Wow.   Bob - that's actually pretty clever.

For smartwatch UI, could log 'first putt' with first click, then one click for 'set pin' while retrieving ball, which could then trigger a 'Total putts taken?' and rotate the bezel to set the #. 

Bob and Spencer, this is great feedback, thank you very much! We are planning a major update for smartwatch UI to provide more information and make tracking easier. What you described makes a lot of sense and we'll look into making it part of the update. 

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you right but this is what I do when I get on the green: I take the time to walk to the hole, I click "MARK FLAG", it opens another screen, click current location. I then either remove the pin (if all agree) then walk the line back to my ball, getting a good read on the green. The app then shows, distance to the pin and the distance of the last shot. I scan my putter or TRACK PUTT.

Login or Signup to post a comment