Manual input of club distance data

Posted over 4 years ago by Gavin Foley

Post a topic
Un Answered
G
Gavin Foley

Is it possible to manually enter distance ranges for each club in my bag. Thanx Gavin

1 Votes

19 Comments

Sorted by
B

Brandon Huber posted 9 months ago

Hi guys, is there a plan yet to change it so you can just input club distances without having to wait for 10 rounds?  I understand that your intention with the app is to lean the players true distances.  But some number is better than no number.  Please, Please make this change! 

0 Votes

C

Chiparkinson posted almost 2 years ago

Hi I agree with the others it would be nice to set the average club length on ALL clubs manually as I don't always hit a good shot with every club

0 Votes

J

Jonathan Andersen posted almost 2 years ago Admin

To manually set your typical lengths for Driver and PW, tap the settings icon -> Plays like & club recommendations -> if not enabled, check the box to enable. You will then see typical club lengths at the bottom of this screen, tap to edit. -Jon 

0 Votes

C

Chiparkinson posted almost 2 years ago

When I go to setting all I get is my log in details, I cannot manually set the distances for my clubs

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

Hello Mr. Trevor Alston - 

Thanks for your feedback. Golf Pad provides intelligent club selection advice, based on your playing history, distance, elevation change to target, current weather conditions and altitude, sometimes referred to as "plays like". Just tap the plays like distance on your screen and you will see the 'plays like' details.  Learn more about how the Golf Pad PLAYS LIKE feature works. 

PLAYS LIKE refers to the distance you would normally need to hit to reach the target under 'regular conditions' at your home course. Do you have your home course set in the app?

As we've stated previously in this thread....Golf Pad estimates typical distances for all clubs and based on PW and Driver entry. Recommendations are available immediately when typical distances are entered for Driver and PW, and then gradually become even more precise with each tracked shot. Golf Pad gives more weight to recent data, so there is no need to manually exclude older rounds as you progress. Unusually short or long shots are also excluded automatically.

Most users let us know they are consistently amazed at the accuracy of the PLAYS LIKE recommendations. Have you tracked shots for several rounds? Improve recommendation quality by tracking more shots using your phone or smartwatch. 

We hope you find the feature useful. If you notice the data doesn't look right, please tap 'Feedback' on the detail screen. Then proceed to send the report and include a brief note on what was wrong. This helps us continue to fine tune the algorithms and improve accuracy. 

0 Votes

M

Mr Trevor Alston posted over 2 years ago

I completely disagree that entering distance for driver and wedge will provide accurate distances for the clubs in between. For eg, I hit my driver 300yards average. My friend hits it 250 but we both hit our irons the same distance. Golfpad will shot me hitting my irons longer than my friend which is inaccurate. The algorithm simply doesn't work. This is the only reason I (and probably others) dont pay for the subscription. If I'm 200 yards from the green, I want the app to suggest to me a 4 iron (based on accurate yardage data that I have entered myself) and not a 5 iron (based off a guess that an algorithm has made because I hit my driver a long way). With all due respect. Please dont reply with the usual "I will forwarscthi idea to the design team". This is something that needs to be part of the fundamental workings of the app. I'm sure someone spent a lot of hard work and time on the algorithm, however it simply just doesn't work I'm afraid to say. Regards Trevor Alston.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

Hi John Owens, please see this article to learn how to manually edit shots: https://support.golfpadgps.com/en/support/solutions/articles/61-how-to-edit-shots-after-a-round-is-finished-

Mike - we've found Driver and PW are the best indicator to provide preliminary data for club recommendations while you collect status by playing about 10 rounds. That's why these two data points are available to manually add average distance if you are just getting started with Golf Pad. Adding these two data points will ensure your club recommendations are relevant. 

0 Votes

M

Mike Southam posted over 2 years ago

Why can't we just add in our distances for all our clubs if we know them?   (have gapped them etc)

It would be great to have all clubs distances editable.  

0 Votes

J

John Owens posted over 2 years ago

Is there a way to add shots to a round after finishing? I want to add in all of the shots manually by clicking on a map. That would be a great safety net if my battery dies or if I want to record my shots but for some reason I can't use my phone on the course

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 4 years ago Admin

Hi Cody. I was able to verify that Golf Pad estimates typical distances for _all_ clubs and based on PW and Driver entry. So it will pick a recommendation from all available clubs too. The recommendations are available immediately when typical distances are entered for Driver and PW, and then gradually improved with each tracked shot.

For the latest post - the screenshot shows the user is over 7000 yards away from the flag. Recommendations are not shown if there's no club capable of reaching the distance. You should try again when you are on the course. 

Does this help? - Cindy

0 Votes

C

Cody McKinney posted almost 4 years ago

This is what concerns me. Nothing is displaying. I don't need perfect recommendations, I'm a relax player just usually guessing anyways.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Cody - have you started with entering typical distances?

To enter average distance manually, go to settings > club recommendations > enter typical club lengths. 

I'm checking with my team to verify how the algorithm works while you are collecting your 10 rounds. I know typical club lengths (driver and pw) go a long way to providing good recommendations in the meantime. 

0 Votes

C

Cody McKinney posted almost 4 years ago

@cindy.. so is this the reason why it doesn't show me a suggested shot when you first purchase? It makes no since... I pay for the year, can i just manually add in distance? I literally have to close the app and pull up a screen shot of a distance calculator. Please see attachment. It's sticks it might take me two years to play 10 games.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Trevor - thanks for your feedback. We've added this to our list of user suggestions for future consideration. - Cindy

1 Votes

M

Mr Trevor Alston posted almost 4 years ago

I completely agree with Taylor Zoppi. You should be able to enter yardage for all clubs straight from the beginning without having to save 10 rounds first. Please can this be something that is implemented asap? Thanks!!

1 Votes

T

Taylor Zoppi posted about 4 years ago

Yeah, we need to be able to enter distances for each club. It should definitely learn as time goes on, but setting initial data is crucial. 

3 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 4 years ago Admin

Adrianlowe1950 - Here's more information about adding typical lengths to clubs while you accumulate playing history. We found driver and PW are the most informative stats to get things started. After about 10 rounds, the app will really dial in and give you intellegent club recomendations based on your playing history for ALL clubs. Let us know how your round went!

0 Votes

A

Adrianlowe1950 posted about 4 years ago

Hi, tried to input club recommendations as a first timer and although I have a bag of 10 relevant clubs registered, it only shows the driver and pitching wedge to enter a "historical" length. Hope it allows me to update them after today's game but would have been nice to see the recommendations along the way.

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 4 years ago Admin

Hey Gavin. Great question and thanks for asking. Yes! You can manually enter club distances. This is important to club recommendations, especially if you are a new user of Golf Pad and your actual data is still being collected. After about the 10th round, the app will be able to give you personalized recommendations based on your real distances.

The enter average distance manually, go to settings > club recommendations > enter typical club lengths. 

Let us know if you have additional questions. 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment