long or short driving accuracy

Posted over 5 years ago by richard retter

Post a topic
Un Answered
r
richard retter

my driving accuracy has left and right and centre but no long or short stats: all = 0

Is there a setting for this?

0 Votes

8 Comments

Sorted by
D

David Hutton posted over 5 years ago

Richard, Antony. Just to expand on the above - If the app thinks you've missed the fairway, then it will only ever select as having missed left or right. Short/long misses on a straight fairway will typically show as having hit the fairway, whereas short/long on a dog-leg will typically show the miss on the opposite side as the dog-leg.

I'm guessing this is probably because the app uses some sort of constant rectangular "hit-box" between the tee and the green to indicate the fairway, so there aren't any breaks on the vertical.

As Cindy said, you'll need to manually edit it to a long/short miss either during the round or afterwards if you want to track those stats. I don't find it ever really impacts on the time to use (although I use my phone directly as opposed to smartwatch or link/tags, so not sure if it would be different there) - once I get to my ball and I'm not on the fairway, I just check the hit/miss marker as appropriate

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 5 years ago Admin

UPDATE: Golf Pad detects left and right misses automatically, but it can't detect long/short at this time. You can always mark hit or miss type manually: Tracking fairways and sand. Please give it a try and let us know if stats updated accordingly. 

0 Votes

r

richard retter posted over 5 years ago

hi there

nothing yet still no long or short

R

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Antony. You'll need to open your own support ticket. Here's the link to get started

0 Votes

A

Antony Roy posted over 5 years ago

Is there a way to join a support ticket or I have to create my own?

0 Votes

A

Antony Roy posted over 5 years ago

Same problem here...

Richard, any news from the support team?

0 Votes

r

richard retter posted over 5 years ago

using more than a year now - I forget - certainly more than 20 rounds. I have submitted a ticket 

thanks

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

This should automatically be calculated. Have you been playing several rounds or are you a new user? If you've been playing 10+ rounds, please submit a support ticket so we can look into this for you. 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment