Link doesn't turn on and vibrant when charging

Posted almost 6 years ago by Jóhannes Jónsson

Post a topic
Un Answered
J
Jóhannes Jónsson

Link doesn't turn on and vibrates when charging What to do..? Tried to reset... Does not work. The LINK is now in charge and is vibrating? Regards Jóhannes

4 Votes

10 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 6 years ago Admin

Hi Johannes - I'm sorry this is happening. Please send a support request to our support team using this link. They will help you sort this out. 

0 Votes

J

Jóhannes Jónsson posted almost 6 years ago

http://support.golfpadgps.com/a/tickets/new This link doesn't work....

0 Votes

J

Jóhannes Jónsson posted almost 6 years ago

Unable to load page. We encountered an unexpected problem (check your network connection).

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

In that case, please send an email to support@golfpadgps.com instead. 

0 Votes

Geir Gjelten

Geir Gjelten posted almost 6 years ago

Jóhannes Jónsson, Fikk du noe svar eller løsning på dette. Har akkurat samme problem.

Jóhannes Jónsson, Did you get an answer, or solution for this.  I experience the same problem. 

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Geir - if you have this issue and have tried the steps here, please send a support query to us using support@golfpadgps.com or the link referenced above. 

0 Votes

L

Leo Ra posted almost 6 years ago

This has happened to me before. All you have to do is keep the unit plugged in and keep it charged. Like for a really long time. I think I left it charging for 1.5 days. I was worried but eventually stopped vibrating. I believe that whenever the unit is fully drained of power this happens.

0 Votes

P

Peter A-B posted about 5 years ago

I had this problem and it rendered the Link useless. I had it plugged into a 2.4A outlet for days and days and the battery wouldn't hold a charge. The vibrator was taking most of the power and I believe the baterry had discharged itself so low that it was unable to recharge.

This unit has been designed incorrectly. When fully charged and turned off the battery should hold it's charge for months. However one of the faults in the circuit board is slowly draining the battery over a number of days. It shouldn't be left permanently on charge between rounds as advised. Also, the vibrator is taking virtually all of the power that should be charging the battery. Again, another design fault.

I think the people at GolfPad realised the shortcomings of this link device and that is why they have discontinued it. The idea was to not have your phone connected during the round and so save the phone's battery but as people have pointed out going back to using the tags and phone flattens the battery.

1 Votes

A

Alfredo Ceballos posted almost 4 years ago

Same here, this usually happens when the battery completely dies in the off season. Charge with a high power charger for several days (as many as 4 days), ignore the vibration and it will eventually charge to full and light will turn green. Best to always recharge after a round, which is easy during the season. Usually best to plan for a few days of charging at the beginning of the season.

0 Votes

E

Ebreeyen posted almost 2 years ago

I had that same problem after not using link for several months. So I left it charging while it was vibrating for as long as 3 to 5 days. Eventually the vibrating stopped and the link was fully charged.

Now I leave it on the charger in between rounds but I noticed over time that I can't complete a 18 holes  round without charging the link on my belt with a small powerbank in my pocket while playing.

That is not ideal to say the least so I just now replaced the SSH 553040 680 mAh 3.7V battery inside the link with a DEAH 603040 800 mAh 3.7V battery (https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003658270882.html).

The old battery has grown pretty thick in some areas in comparison to the new battery which is completely flat and has the same thickness allover. So I gues with all the charging the old battery has worn out.

So for those who have the ability and tools to solder small electronics this can be a solution.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment