If you can't see the rangefinder distances on your Samsung watch, please check the troubleshooting steps below:
- Verify your watch is supported, see this article
- Make sure you have Golf Pad Premium upgrade
- Follow the instructions in this article to set up the Golf Pad watch app
- Verify Samsung watches are enabled in Golf Pad preferences / Smartwatch sync
- Verify watch is shown as connected in the Samsung Wearable app on your phone
- Start a golf round on the phone and open the Golf Pad app on your watch
- Set up the watch to resume Golf Pad automatically when you look at the watch
Standalone mode troubleshooting
If using standalone mode with GPS-equipped Samsung watch, please see additional troubleshooting steps below:
- Set up standalone mode per instructions in this article, make sure you have the latest version of Golf Pad watch app (4.1.1 or later) and Golf Pad phone app (14.43.5 or later)
- Check the 'General troubleshooting' steps above and verify Golf Pad app works well in 'connected' mode
- Enable standalone mode ('Use watch GPS') on your phone in Golf Pad preferences / Smartwatch sync
- Verify GPS location is enabled in watch settings
- Confirm the watch is connected to the phone, then finish current round and start a new round on the phone. Verify rangefinder distances show on the watch
- OPTIONAL: disconnect the phone and watch to get the best accuracy. We recommend to use airplane mode on the watch, but you can alternatively disable Bluetooth on either device. Learn why this is important.
- Go outside where you have the clear view of the sky. The watch may take several minutes to acquire the signal.
- After you finish playing or at any time during the round reconnect the phone and the watch to sync scores between the phone and the watch. Scores will be synced automatically once connection is established. Finish the round on the phone to save it in your playing history
- For battery life tips please see this article
If the steps above did not help or you are seeing an error in the Golf Pad watch app, please proceed to restart both the phone and the watch and check it again. If the problem persists, please open a support ticket.