Galaxy Watch not showing distance info.

Posted about 2 months ago by Jonny Gibson

Post a topic
Un Answered
J
Jonny Gibson

I've never had too many problems until today's round. 

The watch was "waiting on location from phone" the entire round, yet my phone was showing everything as normal. 

I tried uninstalling from the watch while waiting at the tee, then reinstalled, connected the watch to the phone.

The hole number and shot counter were showing, but for some reason the yardage wasn't working. 

I checked all the normal settings, I never use the standalone GPS, as I always keep my phone in my pocket. 

Anyone else? 

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
J

Jonny Gibson posted 20 days ago

Despite numerous suggestions from the support team, who were emailing me with different suggestions and feedback after every round, I noticed the problem started after the recent update which included the addition of the green contours. After a bit of a think,  I was able to roll back to version 17.33.1 

The issue is now fixed, and I've disabled automatic updates to the app. 

Finally I can complete a round without using standalone mode, and keep my watch battery lasting a full round. 

We don't yet have the green contours available in Northern Ireland, so it's no big issue. 

Happy

0 Votes

J

Jfhammer posted about 1 month ago

Sorry to hear that, I would suggest submitting a support ticket on it. I have done this on a few issues and the support team had always been great to work with.

0 Votes

J

Jonny Gibson posted about 1 month ago

Today the watch worked as normal for 2 holes, then was waiting for location from phone again. 

I had the GNSS app downloaded in preparation for this, started it on the 3rd tee, but made no difference. 

Would standalone mode work I wonder? 

0 Votes

J

You can download the GNSS app from the play store, it is a free app.

0 Votes

R

Rahulsangwan74 posted about 1 month ago

I am having the same issue. Pl send me the link to GNSS app.

0 Votes

J

I have had this happen before and opened an incident on it. They had me download a free gps app called GNSS. If my watch ever shows waiting on location from phone, I start the GNSS app and let it run for a few minutes until it shows all the GPS data, then check Golfpad and the GPS data would be showing. I had to do this a time or two and I have never had the issue again. Hope this helps...

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment