Samsung watch

Posted 27 days ago by micheal fitzpatrick

Post a topic
Un Answered
m
micheal fitzpatrick

How to keep the display on the watch while playing 18 holes without having to find the app each time you want to check the distance?

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
G S

G S posted 9 days ago

Finally fixed in v 115, after 3 weeks of having to use a different golf GSP app.

But caveat emptor: these guys frequently break a working function when they push out a new version, expecting the users to de-bug their coding (based on actual experience with this app).

0 Votes

G S

G S posted 23 days ago

Ok folks, I just tried a different golf GPS app.  It was smooth, the GPS was fast, and IT STAYED OPEN on my Galaxy Watch 7.  While it doesn’t have all the fancy micro stats, it worked flawlessly during the round of golf.  This is more important to me than the stats, as I do not want to fumble with GolfGPS not staying open while golfing.

Isn’t it funny that GolfPad GPS wants to blame Samsung, when other apps stay open. Even their own app stayed open prior to v114 update.

Seriously considering cancelling my GolfPad subscription in favor of the new app that I just successfully used.

0 Votes

G S

G S posted 25 days ago

Already tried "Allow background activity".  NO JOY.

GolfPad is blaming Samsung for this issue. Don't hold your breath.

0 Votes

K

KA Klein posted 26 days ago

Worked fine last Thursday then happened to me for first time yesterday (Sunday). Yes, very annoying.  Just went into App Info and saw app was not set to "Allow background activity".  Maybe this will fix it?  If not, hopefully someone from GolfPad monitors this forum and will get it fixed

1 Votes

G S

G S posted 26 days ago

The issue was reported in October 2023 for OS v4.0.

as of 25 august 2024 the issue remains with OS v6.0

Time to cancel subscription and move on to another golf gps app.

0 Votes

G S

G S posted 26 days ago

This happens ever since last update v114 on Galaxy Watch 7. Extremely annoying. And yes, the watch is set to display last app within x minutes. These guys break a working function with each update.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment