Most users should be able to complete a 4-5 hours golf round with battery to spare on Apple Watch, whether in standalone mode or not. If your watch runs out of battery too quickly, please change the following settings during the golf round:
1) Enable workout battery saving mode before the start of the round:
- Open settings on the watch.
- Select Workout
- Scroll down and turn on Power Saving Mode.
2) Disable heart rate sensor:
- On your iPhone, go to Watch -> Privacy and turn the Heart Rate switch off.
3) Disable the integration with Apple Health in Golf Pad preferences > Apple Watch > Send golfing activity to Apple Health.