Android smart watch of choice

Posted 10 months ago by Michael P

Post a topic
Un Answered
M
Michael P

Just curious what Android watches you all use with this app? I'd like to stop carrying my phone around, but there are so many watch choices.

I have a Pixel 7 phone. Looked into the Pixel watch but was hoping for something cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
M

Michael P posted about 2 months ago

Thanks for the responses. I ended up treating myself and getting a Pixel Watch 2 for daily use, and will see how that goes this spring with the Golf pad app.

Good idea about using airplane mode.

0 Votes

S

Surfbird11 posted 2 months ago

I use a Galaxy 4 watch and put it in airplane mode once I tee off so I can leave the phone on the push cart. Doing it this way gives me more accurate data than non-airplane mode which uses the GPS location of the actual phone that may not be on me. 

You do know you have to use the phone to start the round right? I haven't tried it but maybe you could "start" the round in the parking lot, put the watch in airplane mode, then leave the phone in your car?

When Google finally makes a larger Pixel watch I'll buy it since I already use their phone and earbuds. My old eyes need the larger screen of the Galaxy to see all the info on the phone app.

1 Votes

N

Nik Gilbert posted 8 months ago

I found a Samsung 5 Pro going cheap and that's working well for me, paired with a Pixel 6. No battery life worries when playing a round. 

1 Votes

M

M. Leigh Bender posted 10 months ago

I have the Pro 3, for about 2 years now. Thinking of getting the 5 but my 3 is still going strong. If you are going to get one, I’d recommend the 5. All the features plus some other new ones like different background colors for various heart rates. Also it’ll likely get the new version of WearOS.

1 Votes

M

Michael P posted 10 months ago

Thank you! Do you have the Pro 3 Ultra GPS or the new Pro 5? First time hearing of this so I'm looking into them. :)

0 Votes

M

M. Leigh Bender posted 10 months ago

I use a TicWatch Pro with mine and works great. I have it paired with a Samsung Fold Z4.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment