Start a new topic

Adding a course by playing uncharted?

I want to go golfing to Ireland this summer and noticed some courses are not listet. Therefore I wanted to add one today. But there are no (good) Satellitepictures from this course. So I had the idea to map the course playing it.

When I play a mapped course I can eddit coursename, teeposition and so on.

When I play unchartet the "Changing menue" is not available.

Is it possible to open the changing menue also playing unchartet? The saved informationen could be used to update the databes the same way as additing a listed course.

An other possibilty is to offer a menue in the app: adding a course

If there were 4 small buttons on the normal scorecard-screen for tee, front, middle, back of green to mark the position the course mapping would be done without any noticeable extratime. When pressing the tee-button a popup can appaer to choose teecolour, so I can mark several tees for a hole.

After finishing the round is enough time to fill in the required information as par, hcp etc.

I would like this feature

even because the course I play tomorrow is not listed (I still added but not updated yet)

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

I too would love being able to edit "uncharted" rounds, (not so much the "on course mapping but...... ) 

My scenario is as follows.....

Lifetime Premium GolfPadGPS 

Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8)

Gear S2 Watch (SM-R730A)

GolfPadGPS Tags...........absolutely delightful combo 

I knew I was golfing at a particular course for a week or so (my fault), I thought I had played there before with this spectacular app/watch/tags combo and thought it was either plotted by me or some one else before......

I went to peruse the course the evening before with the app (as i usually do on courses I don't frequent), (another great part of this app) and noticed the darn thing wasn't there.... I scrambled to plot it (using the courses online scorecard and some golf sense for navigation), knowing that I would just "mark my shots" using the phone/watch and tags combo the next day......

I played the round, marked some shots, but had no yardages or real "help" from the course I plotted the night before (as it needed to be reviewed before use) and went with the "uncharted" option on the app....

The logical thing that GolfPadGPS could do for us is......

When we plot a course, it should not necessarily have to be "reviewed" by GolfPadGPS for us to use it, at least initially we should be able to use the app on a course that just got plotted 20 mins before the rounds tee time. (another thing that the app boasts and is great for....quick and easy mapping). 

I would like to think this is a feasible option, as freakishly enough I got the confirmation on the course mapping 30 hours after I plotted it....on a weekend. Just like Ralf Taus above, I have no option to just edit the round from "uncharted" to the one just plotted and reviewed the day before.

I love and heavily promote this app often....people love and are amazed by the tech that is available for us to help improve our games.... and I can attest to the improvements that come along with using this quality app.

Hopefully as per usual, this will not fall on deaf ears.

I'm looking forward to some response to this subject, the team at GolfPadGPS is always ready/willing to provide to its valued customers.

Login or Signup to post a comment