Start a new topic

Gear 2: Conserve Battery Life

Using my Gear 2 with GolfPad the first few rounds I was overly disappointed in the battery life.  I've changed a setting on the watch that it doesnt turn on the screen every time you move your arm, and my battery life has significantly increased.

Within settings -> Display -> Wake up Gesture.

Set this to NONE, and now your watch will only turn on when you hit the button.

I did really enjoy the information right there when i looked at the watch...but battery conservation turned out to be more important, and it's not that big of a pain.

Hope this helps someone else!

I have a Gear S2 Classic and I've had no problems with battery life. However, I was very interested to note that other users were having the same loss of pairing / connection half way through a round with no obvious way to rectifying. I really don;t want to be constantly having to play with my watch and phone in the middle of a game .. especially during a medal. And suggestions?

I am using a Gear 2 and have been getting excellent battery life with mine. After my rounds I generally have  50 - 70 % battery life with no problem. I have normal settings with all notifications set to none while I play and Wake up Gestures turned on all the time. I have played several rounds with my Gear 2 and battery problems have never been a problem. My rounds have been in the 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hour rounds.

I had battery life issue with my LG G Watch. Usually the watch lasts all day but it was down to 10% before the end of the front 9, so I had to just ditch everything and just played golf the old fashion way.

Even after doing this I've found that it was hit or miss that my watch would make it through a round of 18.  Besides battery life - the Gear 2 was getting really quirky and often losing pairing, and dropping the golf pad app in the middle of a round.  I've return this watch and am evaluating a few others.