K
Knud Bilet

Will Golf Pad work on the new Galaxy Watch 4 ? Knud

10 Votes

50 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 2 years ago Admin

Hello all. Please note we are keeping updates on this blog post: https://golfpadgps.com/news/golf-pad-gps-galaxy-watch4 as well as the forum announcement. Specific issues (like what Beat is describing) should go to support@golfpadgps.com for the fastest response. We do appreciate you posting here, however we can't troubleshoot individual issues via the forum. The watch version should be 23 and the phone version 15.8 or later. 

0 Votes

P

Phillip Farmer posted about 2 years ago

Update on 01/07/2021:

Checked on watch and on phone for possible updates.:

1.  Still getting message "Please start a round in Golf Pad premium on your phone"  on watch.  So I can't check anything in app on watch.

2.  Play store on watch showed and update available of ver 24.  Did the update.  Still getting error message.  So I have no idea what is really installed on watch

3.  How can I check ver installed on watch??  Reason I want to check is what is on phone and on play store do not match.

4.  Phone (play store) shows app was last updated 01/04/22.  And that there is not an update available.

5.  However, ver in play store is 15.81 (showed 15.80 and up to date on 01/05).

6.  Ver in app on phone shows to be 15.79.10. same as it has shown for a while.

7.  Why does ver in app and in playstore not match (even though it shows to be updated)??

From 01/05/2021  "On Friday, 12/31, I played a round and the app on Watch still only allowed marking shot (no clubs) but worked on watch and phone and sync'd OK.  Due to announcement on update finally being available, since then I have been trying the app on phone and watch etc. to get the updates working.  When starting the app on the watch, I am getting this message on the watch (even though I have started a round on the phone) - "Please start a round in Golf Pad premium on your phone".  I have restarted both watch and phone.  In digging, I am seeing:  in Play Store on watch (Golf Pad is showing as ver 23) and my app is up to date.  In Play Store on phone, Golf Pad is showing as ver 15.80 and that my app is up to date.  When the app is running on my phone, it shows to be ver 15.79.10.  Since I can't get the app up on the watch, due to error message, I can't check the version on the watch (not sure how to do that anyway on watch)."

0 Votes

Beat

Beat posted about 2 years ago

I use the Wear OS 2.3 TicWatch Pro 3 with the app version 23 together with my Galaxy S10 and app version 15.80. Watch and phone communicate well, and I can now track clubs and shot distance.  

It seems to me the app functionality for Wear OS 2 and 3 is the same. No standalone mode, it seems this is  still available only for Tizen. 

But there is a strange behaviour on the watch when in Idle mode. I see on the idle screen wrong hole numbers, hole 9 is displayed as hole 81, hole 14 as hole 131, etc. Further there is no time indication on the idle screen anymore, a clear step back in development or a bug. 

0 Votes

P

Checking on question I asked yesterday in this thread being released???

0 Votes

P

Anyone else having this problem:   On Friday, 12/31, I played a round and the app on Watch still only allowed marking shot (no clubs) but worked on watch and phone and sync'd OK.  Due to announcement on update finally being available, since then I have been trying the app on phone and watch etc. to get the updates working.  When starting the app on the watch, I am getting this message on the watch (even though I have started a round on the phone) - "Please start a round in Golf Pad premium on your phone".  I have restarted both watch and phone.  In digging, I am seeing:  in Play Store on watch (Golf Pad is showing as ver 23) and my app is up to date.  In Play Store on phone, Golf Pad is showing as ver 15.80 and that my app is up to date.  When the app is running on my phone, it shows to be ver 15.79.10.  Since I can't get the app up on the watch, due to error message, I can't check the version on the watch (not sure how to do that anyway on watch).

0 Votes

D

Dave Parker posted about 2 years ago

Which app version should I have on my galaxy watch 4 for it to be compatible with the latest phone app?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Robert - thanks for reporting this. You should have the update now. Please check. If you still don't see it, contact support so we can help you out .

0 Votes

R

Robert Hobbs posted about 2 years ago

Looking forward to using the new features. Unfortunately although my watch updated on Wednesday it is now Saturday and the phone software has not made its way to my phone (yes, I have checked manually). I played a round yesterday and wasn't able to use the watch :( I am not sure if there is a solution to this but maybe in the future deploy the app version some days ahead of the watch.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Great news all! We’re happy to announce two new highly anticipated features are being rolled out now: Standalone capability, so you can use the GPS-equipped watch without the phone, and club tracking right on the watch.  Read about the roll-out here

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. The development team worked hard and into the wee hours of the night to make this happen before the New Year. 

Reviews are the lifeblood of any app. Please consider sharing a review in Google Play or updating an existing review once you've had time to try out the new features. If you have technical issues or questions, contact our support team so we can help. We appreciate each of you!

0 Votes

N

Newton posted over 2 years ago

Is there any update on support for Galaxy Watch 4 in terms of general release date? Thanks

3 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

Hi Mikhail - Read more about the Beta program here. Thanks for your interest. - Cindy

0 Votes

M

Mikhail Pogosian posted over 2 years ago

Thanks for the response and explaining the difficulties. More than happy to help with beta testing.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Thank you for your candid feedback. Porting the functionality from Tizen (Galaxy Watch3 and earlier) to Wear OS (Galaxy Watch4 and other brands) is the top priority for our team. Since it's a completely different platform with a different programming language and different set of tools, this requires substantial amount of work and unfortunately is taking longer than we hoped. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We are now starting internal testing of the new Wear OS app that includes standalone mode, club entry and other features. Assuming all goes well, we should have it ready for beta in a few weeks and general release following that.

0 Votes

M

Mikhail Pogosian posted over 2 years ago

Is there an update with regards to timing for wear os 3 standalone support? Your customers are getting impatient. This really is a key feature that wear os 3 customers are missing out on....

1 Votes

J

Juan posted over 2 years ago

Standalone function and club tracking were the only reason I went with the premium subscription 2 years ago.  When is that going to be available on the Wear OS3? 

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Tim - Thank you! I don't think we need testers for Wear OS3 right now, however, you can always sign up for our beta programs for the Golf Pad app here

0 Votes

t

tim posted over 2 years ago

Hi cindy if you guys need beta testers please let me know thanks

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Espen. It looks to be about a week before club selection will be available on Wear OS3. If I get an update in the next day or so, I'll update my response. We are working hard to bring this to you. It's a priority for our team and we appreciate your patience and understanding. 

UPDATE: The team has confirmed they expect to have club selection in about 4- 5 days. Roll-outs are phased. It will first be made available to a small percentage to ensure everything goes smoothly, then a larger percentage and so on, until all users will have the update available. 

2 Votes

E

Espen Johannessen posted over 2 years ago

Still no update? Cindy Scillo? I'm usually a patient guy, but only when I'm kept in the loop, so please don't force me to start looking for alternatives! My old friend Golfshot is starting to look more and more appealing as they've rolled out many updates for their Wear OS 3 app in the same period you've been completely silent.

1 Votes

K

Knud Bilet posted over 2 years ago

I got tired of waiting for an update of the Wear OS 3 version, so I’ve returned my Galaxy Watch 4, and will just continue to use my legacy Gear S3.

0 Votes

P

Phillip Farmer posted over 2 years ago

It would be wonderful customer service if a weekly email went out with how is the update coming, revised target date, etc.

1 Votes

E

Espen Johannessen posted over 2 years ago

I was just wondering the same things! I've been checking for an updated app daily for the last few weeks, so a quick status to let me know when to start looking for updates again would be great! I'm mainly missing the ability to select clubs when tracking shots, but hoping for a lot of other features and improvements as well!

0 Votes

N

Newton posted over 2 years ago

Is there a new target date to have shot tracking for The Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS 3)? We are now into Q4 2021,thanks!

2 Votes

Q

Qmax alterego posted over 2 years ago

I have a Watch 4. I have not been able to find the Quick Score function. Am I missing something or will this feature only be available with the OS 3 release?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Newton - The goal is to have an update by the end of the quarter.  

0 Votes