Start a new topic

Oneplus 5 smartwatch combination

Dear,

I would like some help in choosing the appropriate smartwatch for my Oneplus 5 (and later 6/7).

I am really not home to the current smartwatch market and have been using Golf Pad Premium for 2 years now. The combination smartphone + Golf Pad and always entering your scores/strokes via that is somewhat slow in my opinion.

Is there a top 3 or 5 best buy smartwatches for Golf Pad?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Gertjan

Gertjan - thanks for asking. Here's the list of watches compatible with Golf Pad. Every user has their own preference and budget. Hopefully a few users will chime in with their suggestions as well. Thanks for being a long time Golf Pad user!

IMO, getting TAGS would offer the biggest improvement in speed of entering, and with convenience, ahead of a smartwatch. Then adding a watch after improves convenience another step in seeing yardages, marking penalties, etc. without having to pull out your phone.

The Samsung Gear S2 or S3 are two great watches. I use an older Asus Zenwatch 2 which is also nice. The first watch I'd used with GolfPad was a Pebble Classic.

I've seen reviews for both Asus and Samsung. 

Asus was my preferenced watch while its looks were appealing, though the was is on the market since 2016 and a ZenWatch4 is not in the pipeline. Therefore I don't think thats the one to buy?

Samsung has it all, but a very steep price as well. I dont want to be paying large amounts for a watch that I will be using only once a week.

I have decided to go for the Ticwatch S Knight. It's not in the shortlist from supported waches but its a barebone Android, looks OK and the price is right.

Yes, Asus isn't going to continue making smartwatches (just like Sony). Got mine for around $90, so I thought I couldn't go wrong. Actually like wearing it more than just for golf, and it doesn't look bad.

And the Gear S3 is substantially more, but has nice features if you were looking for using it outside of golf.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment