New Version 14.6 Available: New Golf Pad LINK firmware

The latest app version has been rolled out to everyone and includes a new firmware update. As always, let us know if you have any questions or need support. 

WHAT'S NEW
Version 14.6: New Golf Pad LINK firmware. Includes faster GPS location lock and other improvements. 

Hi Cindy,

It would have been nice to receive an email or some other notification that Link needed to be updated.  I found out on the first tee yesterday!

I've run the update and Link is locked up.  The Golfpad update screen says Link is resetting but the little dial is not rotating.  I'll reset Link with the reset button since it is not responding to anything else, and keep fingers crossed.

Correction.  Golfpad was locked up.  I quit Golfpad, restarted, and it restarted the update which completed correctly.  I turned Link off and reset, and quit Golfpad and reset.  All seems to be working correctly now.  Link taking about 3 minutes to acquire satellites.

Peterbro3 - thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear it's all working now. While it's good to check for any updates before the first tee, you can also postpone the update and complete it when you return home. 

Hi Cindy, My link updated on 10-3 on the third hole. Once it updated all was fine. I didn't play 10-4 because of weather. Today 10-5 on hole 7 it lost connection and it wouldn't come back. I tried to shut it off and on/off button would not shut it down. I reset it at turn and all was well for a half hole then lost connection again. It did shut down this time. But wouldn't turn back on. It hasn't turned on yet. The reliability of the link is not good. I love it when it works, but the losing connection and regaining it happens a lot through just 9 holes. Any help would be great. Thank you Dale Rupe

Dale - Thank you for letting me know about this. Have you tried a reset? If that doesn't help, let's have you submit a support ticket. Just copy and past what you wrote here. If needed, we will arrange a replacement for you. 

I did not do a reset because I know that would work. I just did one and yes it now works. But for how long? I shouldn't have to keep resetting this. I will keep you posted. Dale Rupe
I did not do a reset because I know that would work. I just did one and yes it now works. But for how long? I shouldn't have to keep resetting this. I will keep you posted. Dale Rupe

I used Link today.  I turned it on and it acquired satellites and connected through bluetooth.  Then I went to the bathroom, it lost GPS and the bluetooth connection.  When GPS came back bt did not.  I had to go into Golfpad settings, Link, Disable and then Enable Link to re-establish the connection to the phone.  After that all was well except I may have inadvertently turned it off when down on the ground finding a ball in a gopher hole ;)  At least when I turned it back on it acquired satellites and bt fairly quickly and without me fussing with it.

Login or Signup to post a comment