Start a new topic
Answered

Pebble vs other devices. Will it continue to work?

Basically everything ive read is the pebble is a great smartwatch and one of the best for golfpad. My question is. Will the pebble still work in years to come with golfpad? Pebble themselves say theyve made it so their watches will work indefinitely however there wont be any future updates. This is fine by me. But im new to the smartwatch game and golfpad+smartwatch game. If golfpad does an update does it require an update sometimes from the device end in which case pebbles will eventually stop working? If the pebble will work for a few years im happy. If not im looking at a gear fit2 or an S2. Or any other suggestions. But id really like to snag a pebble if it will work for some time. Maybe someone from golfpad can answer

Best Answer

We are going to support pebble watches as long as we can (and there are Golf Pad users with pebble, of course). Generally it should continue to work with no issues, but there are a couple of risks to consider:

1. Golf Pad uses a separate application for pebble watches, that is published in Pebble Store.  When this store is down, it will be impossible to install the Golf Pad app for pebble from this store. As far as I know pebble allowed installation of apps directly from phone, so should not be really an issue.
  2. There is a small chance, that an ios or android os update will eventually break pebble sdk. Most likely there will be fixes available from community or our team will be able to fix the issues, but we can't say for sure.

Answer

We are going to support pebble watches as long as we can (and there are Golf Pad users with pebble, of course). Generally it should continue to work with no issues, but there are a couple of risks to consider:

1. Golf Pad uses a separate application for pebble watches, that is published in Pebble Store.  When this store is down, it will be impossible to install the Golf Pad app for pebble from this store. As far as I know pebble allowed installation of apps directly from phone, so should not be really an issue.
  2. There is a small chance, that an ios or android os update will eventually break pebble sdk. Most likely there will be fixes available from community or our team will be able to fix the issues, but we can't say for sure.

Thank you so much. Perfect answer. Appreciate it.

Will the Pebble display club recommendations? If not, which smartwatches do?

Yes, pebble watches do display club recommendations. 

Login or Signup to post a comment