Start a new topic
Answered

Putter Tag Needed? Superstroke Grip Problem

2 questions. I have Link and tags. 1) is a putter tag required to get Strokes gained putting to calculate or can you just tag all other shots and use the +putt button 2) I have a superstroke flatso 1.0 with a countercore weight. As it is now I removed the countercore to fit the tag as I'm not sure if the tag is required or not. If it is to keep proper stat tracking and putter tracking does anyone have any suggestions on getting the tag to work with the countercore weight

Best Answer

In order to get calculate strokes gained putting, you need 3 pieces of information:

1.  Location of the FIRST putt.

2.  Location of the flag (if you don't mark the location of the flag in GolfPAD, it will 'estimate it' for you

but this may lead to decreased accuracy of the strokes gained value).

3.  Number of putts

Keep in mind also that strokes gained putting is harder to evaluate precisely (vs strokes gained TEE or APPROACH) due to the current shortcomings in consumer GPS (+- 3meters).

So yes, you'll need a putter tag and tag at least your first putt.

Answer

In order to get calculate strokes gained putting, you need 3 pieces of information:

1.  Location of the FIRST putt.

2.  Location of the flag (if you don't mark the location of the flag in GolfPAD, it will 'estimate it' for you

but this may lead to decreased accuracy of the strokes gained value).

3.  Number of putts

Keep in mind also that strokes gained putting is harder to evaluate precisely (vs strokes gained TEE or APPROACH) due to the current shortcomings in consumer GPS (+- 3meters).

So yes, you'll need a putter tag and tag at least your first putt.

As far as your second question, I think there's a bunch of posts online to answer your question.  I think most people cut off the screw portion and then glue the cap (with the NFC component) over their counterweight.  Or you can just keep the putter tag in your pocket and tag putts manually.

Snip the screw off and use two sided automotive trim tape, I built it up using 2-3 layers and then just trimmed and worked very well, can still remove if needed but won't come off easily
Yes just snip off the screw and then use a few layers of two sided automotive trim adhesive tape, very strong but can still be removed with some effort if needed looks good too
Thanks all. Appreciate it. How do you mark flag position on an iPhone. I don't seem to recall that option.

Hi Jason - http://support.golfpadgps.com/solution/articles/6000114948-how-do-i-mark-the-flag-position- Use the second option here to mark the flag position using iPhone. You'll tap the blue score box in the lower left, then use the + to select "mark flag position". 

Everyone else - thanks for sharing the great suggestions for Jason.