Ability to Search Courses by Name

Posted almost 7 years ago by Craig Patrick

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
C
Craig Patrick

Hi

This seems like a simple request, but I'm not sure why it hasn't been included yet? I think when you go to the Search section when starting a new round and selecting a course, you should have 2 fields, one for location and one for name. This would definitely help for those situations when a course has been put under a different location.

Usage example:

I recently added Torrequebrada Golf as a course which is in Benalmadena (which is in Malaga, which is in the Costa Del Sol, which is Spain). When they emailed to say the course had been added, I tried location searches in Benalmadena (nothing), Costa del Sol (nothing) and even Spain (which surely should show all golf courses in Spain, but still nothing). Eventually it came up under Malaga. This would have been so much easier if I could have used to golf club / course name to search on and even partials, then it could show up all options...

eg:

Type "torrequ" in the "name" field, and see something like the following:

Torrequebrada Gold (Costa del Sol, Malaga, Spain)

plus any others so I know which one I want... this would make life so much easier.

Thanks

3 Votes

11 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 1 year ago Admin

You can use the 'Search' function to find any course in the world when you start a round. Just enter the name of the nearest city and Golf Pad will display the list of courses at that location. Note: If you can't find the course you need when searching, please read the following article: My course is missing. How can I add it?

0 Votes

D

David.bois54 posted over 1 year ago

We are leaving on a trip and I'd like to make sure (before I go) that the course is in your database?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 2 years ago Admin

We are in active production on this feature right now. Please keep the app updated and you'll be able to enjoy it the moment it's released. As long as there are no unexpected setbacks, we anticipate it may be available within a month or so. Thanks for your continued feedback and loyalty to the app. 

0 Votes

Beat

Beat posted almost 2 years ago

Agree Raymond, and I think it is very simple to implement a search which includes location AND club name.

0 Votes

R

Raymond posted almost 2 years ago

Cindy, I too, and many other players have requested improvements. To be frank, the course search really needs some work. It is crazy frustrating to use. Try it out for yourself and you'll see what's everyone is talking about. I mentioned in another thread if the team is looking for a contractor to help implement some stuff, to please reach out so we can at least have a conversation about what that might look like. I feel like there might be an opportunity here to help get some of these feature requests into beta that are just getting sidelined because the team is so small. Thanks

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 2 years ago Admin

Hi Joyce. Search is currently done by location.  With more time sensitive feature releases, we don't have a target date for adding search by course name, though it is on our list of future updates. I hope you find the other features user friendly. The ease of use is a comment we hear often in our customer feedback. - Cindy

0 Votes

J

Joyce Green posted about 2 years ago

This should be a gimmee.  Really frustrating how this is set up.  Not any user friendly program.

0 Votes

A

Agustín posted over 4 years ago

I also request this. Is seems so simple but yet so important.

0 Votes

C

Craig Patrick posted almost 7 years ago

Hi Keaton, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how it would be too difficult, the default is obviously localised based on nearest courses, but then have the ability to search by name the same as entering City / Country etc. Just means it's easier to check in advance if a course is in the database for a location you may be travelling to in the future.

Thanks again

0 Votes

Keaton

Keaton posted almost 7 years ago

I will ping our engineering team about this again as it is something I have asked before. I believe that the difficulty is due to the GPS data and how it is categorized but I will follow up with them again. This would be a nice adjustment in the app, I agree!

0 Votes

A

Al Renner posted almost 7 years ago

I also requested this. I think they may have put it into the dev queue but it seems so insignificant i do not understand why it was overlooked to begin with.

1 Votes