Driving Range Feature

Posted over 8 years ago by Cody Book

Post a topic
C
Cody Book

How about a "Driving Range" mode. Something simple that you can scan the club you are hitting, hit as many balls as I want, then go scan the location of each of the balls. Either using the same club or an extra tag.

One of the parks I live by has a 175 yard driving range, you have to bring your own balls and pick them up, but its free. I would love to be able and hit full shots with some of my clubs to get correct averages for distances then to have to play 30-40 rounds of golf to do that.

12 Votes

16 Comments

Sorted by
S

Stephen Blower posted 7 days ago

I think people have misunderstood what Tags are for. Including Arccos, Shot Scope. Garmin or any others. They are for tracking your game whilst playing on a course. There are no Tags that allow you to track your shots at a golf range without actually going to where the ball landed. For that you need a Launch Monitor, they range in price from around £200 to £25,000. 

0 Votes

L

Lenard Henderson posted 7 days ago

I got rid of mine because of that feature not being available.

0 Votes

J

Jim Daly posted 7 days ago

Imaging my disappointment when I installed my new order of tags and was unable to actually practice with them. How can you design a golf aid that doesn't support practice? You can only build a sample database of how far you hit each club by playing an actual round? Idiotic. I feel like I've wasted my money.

0 Votes

J

Josh Hopsicker posted 9 months ago

This needs to be added ASAP. Would be great in shot calculation recommendations on the course. The general benefit of tracking consistency and game improvements as well will be a huge value. I think this needs to be addressed quickly given the mobility options of shot trackers now, with an actual mobile phone app being developed as well. Obviously you guys aren't doing that so at least a manual data input would keep most people from migrating to these other platforms. Maybe partnering with Skytrak or whoever else to upload or sync data: although building in your own system would probably be more likely to happen than those companies doing that. Personally, Im working on a R10 set up at my house and now I'm thinking about going full time to Garmin after this membership because I get to the range as much as on the course with family time constraints, so range data is really important to me. Thanks for listening.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 1 year ago Admin

Hi Robert - there is no way to import data into the app other than playing a round or manually entering shot information. I'll pass it along as a suggestion to the development team. Thanks for posting! 

0 Votes

R

Robert Greenfield posted over 1 year ago

My driving range has gone to Toptracer tech at the range.    Is there a way to import the Toptracer data into GolfPad as far as club distances?

Thank you. 

1 Votes

J

Jonathan Andersen posted almost 2 years ago Admin

Hi Lenard, thanks for the follow up question. Golf Pad receives many suggestions from our users. We appreciate and frequently implement these suggestions. The development and management team have many things to consider when implementing new features - technical details, demand, resource availability and our overarching service goals. This feature has not fit into that plan as of yet.  I will be sure to notify the team of this continued and renewed interest in a driving range feature. If you'd like, you can send us details about what you'd like to see for this or any other features via email to support@golfpadgps.com. We appreciate your continued interest and support. -Jon

0 Votes

L

Lenard Henderson posted almost 2 years ago

Jon whats the holdup? i can see this has been an issue for years. you waiting on a competitor to implement it. that will be to late. is the some economic concern?

1 Votes

J

Jonathan Andersen posted almost 2 years ago Admin

Hi Lenard - We have not implemented a driving range feature. Although, this idea and the associated details have be noted on our possible future features list. -Jon

0 Votes

L

Has Golf Pad decided to do this yet?

0 Votes

L

This would be a great feature. I would have got the premium version much earlier if this feature was in it.

1 Votes

S

Stephen Blower posted about 3 years ago

I vote for this idea

0 Votes

S

Stacy Wasson posted over 3 years ago

Thank you for the reply.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 3 years ago Admin

Hi Stacy - we do not have a driving range mode, though the suggestion has been noted. - Cindy

0 Votes

S

Stacy Wasson posted over 3 years ago

Did anything come out of this thread regarding a driving range mode? 

0 Votes

J

Jeremy B posted over 8 years ago

That's a pretty niche example, but part of the idea I think would apply to all range rats. A little play mode "Hit the Range" could be introduced where a user simply marks the outcome of each shot for accuracy. I don't see how actual distances could be recorded, but who cares. This would also be good practice for NFC taggers to build their preshot routine to include tagging. Maybe at the Range include other items to select like "on/off balance", " fat" "thin" "slice" "hook" pull/push. Using check boxes, let the user select which inputs he/she wants on the UI. This would be cool.

3 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment